You don’t have to travel far to access exceptional dermatological care. For your convenience and comfort, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Melda Isaac provides virtual consultations and telehealth dermatology appointments for Washington, DC, men and women.
Connect with Dr. Isaac from the privacy of home through a secure virtual visit. Learn more about a medical dermatology concern you may be facing or discuss the possibilities of a future cosmetic treatment.
What Is the Process of Scheduling a Virtual Consultation?
Once you call our office and request a telehealth visit, someone from our front desk will send a telehealth consent form and update your paperwork, which must be completed prior to your virtual visit. Once we receive consent, we will send you an invitation via a HIPAA-compliant teleconferencing platform.
How Should I Prepare for My Virtual Consultation?
We ask that you be available 15 minutes before and after your scheduled appointment. Follow these steps to prepare:
- Send a photo to [email protected] that captures your dermatological concern (for example, a close-up photo of mole, lesion, or acne) so Dr. Isaac can review it PRIOR to your telehealth appointment.
- Expect a phone call from our office to gather history and pertinent info about the problem or concern.
- If applicable, have names of medications and a list of any prior treatments to share with Dr. Isaac.
- Your credit card info will be taken prior to your visit, but no charges will occur until after the visit is completed.
- Know the name, address, and telephone number of the pharmacy you wish to use for prescriptions.
Dr. Isaac and her staff will review your concern prior to your visit and be prepared to discuss your concerns to make your virtual visit helpful and efficient.
Do You Recommend Special Lighting?
No special lighting is required. However, adequate lighting, a good internet connection, a device compatible with video conferencing (phone, tablet, or computer) are essential for virtual communication.
Should I Be in a Private Room?
We recommend that you log in for your telehealth visit from a private space as information about your health is personal and will be discussed.
Will I Have To Remove My Clothes for My Virtual Consultation?
You will likely not need to remove your clothing as we will assess your concern using the still photograph you send to us prior to your visit. We request a still photograph of the issue or concern prior to your visit, even if you can see it on the teleconferencing app, as magnification can be adjusted on a photo and offers better clarity.