Most of the facial fillers we use at our Washington, D.C., practice restore volume using a gel made of a substance that the body gradually absorbs. Bellafill is different because it actually stimulates the long-term growth of collagen–an essential element of smooth, elastic skin–for our patients from Chevy Chase, Arlington, Bethesda, and beyond. It’s approved by the FDA to last up to 5 years.
Turn Back the Clock
Rediscover a younger, more vibrant you. Trust award-winning dermatologists Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes to restore your vibrance with individualized anti-aging procedures. Each treatment is meticulously planned and performed to take years off your face without leaving any obvious signs of a cosmetic treatment. Look as youthful as you feel, starting today.Schedule Consultation
What Is Bellafill?
Unlike many other fillers made with hyaluronic acid, Bellafill is a smooth gel in which tiny microspheres are suspended in collagen. While the injected collagen works immediately to reduce small wrinkles such as “smile lines,” the microspheres gradually create a scaffold onto which new collagen produced by the body builds up. This collagen foundation adds volume to soften wrinkles.
The substance used to make the microspheres — polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) — is considered a semi-permanent filler and can be used both to treat wrinkles, nasolabial folds and acne scars. PMMA is a biocompatible material that has been safely used in medical implants and other devices for more than 65 years. In addition to collagen and PMMA, Bellafill also includes the local anesthetic lidocaine to help minimize discomfort during the injections.
A Filler for Women and Men
Because Bellafill is approved to last for up to 5 years, patients don’t need to return for maintenance treatments as they do with most fillers that last 6 to 18 months. That makes the idea of getting fillers more attractive to both women and men. Additionally, men who are self-conscious about acne scars can also benefit from Bellafill injections. Whether you’re a woman or man, all patients getting Bellafill for the first time must be tested to make you’re not allergic to the filler.
Expert in the Art of Injectables
Dr. Melda Isaac’s impressive credentials make her the choice of so many for BOTOX, JUVÉDERM, and other injectables. Highlights include:
- Board-certified dermatologist
- 20+ years of experience with injectables
- Performs more than 2,000 injectable treatments per year
- Provides the most BOTOX treatments in the Washington, DC area
- Incorporates her refined sense of facial aesthetics into each treatment
- Remains on the forefront of injectable techniques and applications
Other Dermal Filler Options
Our providers may recommend one or more of the following other filler options instead of, or in addition to, Bellafill:
- BELOTERO® is a hyaluronic acid filler that smooths away etched-in lines around the mouth, chin wrinkles, and lip lines. Results last about 6 months.
- RADIESSE® contains CaHA (calcium hydroxylapatite) microspheres that restore volume and stimulate collagen production. This filler can enhance and rejuvenate the cheeks, nose, and backs of the hands. In some cases, we use it to correct wrinkles and facial folds. Results last 12+ months.
- Teoxane RHA fillers contain RHA, for resilient hyaluronic acid, that moves with the face and gives it support. This family of fillers includes options for wrinkles, thin lips, and lost facial volume. Results last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM® family of fillers contain hyaluronic acid for results that look and feel natural. They also contain lidocaine to control discomfort during injection. This family of fillers continues to grow and includes specialized options for wrinkles, volume loss, lips, jawline, and more. Results last up to 2 years, depending on the filler and treated area.
- Restylane® family of fillers contain lidocaine and are made with hyaluronic acid to restore volume and hydration in the skin. This family of fillers includes options with specific purposes, such as augmenting the cheeks and lips, smoothing out nasolabial folds and fine lines, and more. Results last up to 18 months, depending on the filler and treated area.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is a collagen stimulator that contains poly-L-lactic acid. We use it to restore volume to the face and the backs of the hands, smooth out smile lines and marionette lines around the mouth, and more. Results develop gradually and last up to 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bellafill cost?
The cost of all filler injections varies depending on the individual patient’s specific concerns and cosmetic goals. We’ll create a customized treatment plan after the consultation and provide you with a specific price quote.
Are there side effects?
The most common reaction to Bellafill injections includes temporary swelling, redness, pain, bruising, lumps or bumps, itching, and discoloration at the treatment site. Keep in mind that these symptoms typically resolve on their own within 1 to 7 days. Most patients can return to their normal daily activities immediately after being treated with Bellafill.
How long has Bellafill been available?
Even though the name Bellafill might not sound familiar, the treatment was first approved in 2006 by the FDA to treat wrinkles under a different name. After being renamed Bellafill, the FDA approved it to treat acne scars.
About Our Doctors
Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes are consistently recognized among the top dermatologists in Washington, DC. Our board-certified dermatologists provide both medical and cosmetic dermatology services with professionalism and compassion. Their specialized expertise in injectables and an eye for creating natural-looking results have made them a sought-after source for excellent dermatological care.