If you suffer from fine lines, wrinkles, bags under your eyes, or acne scars, Belotero may be for you. Belotero is a dermal filler made primarily of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in our bodies that helps with hydration and skin volume and elasticity. When you visit us in Washington, D.C., Belotero can potentially take years off your face by smoothing out fine lines and eliminating under-eye bags.
Turn Back the Clock
Rediscover a younger, more vibrant you. Trust award-winning dermatologists Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes to restore your vibrance with individualized anti-aging procedures. Each treatment is meticulously planned and performed to take years off your face without leaving any obvious signs of a cosmetic treatment. Look as youthful as you feel, starting today.Schedule Consultation
What Areas of the Face Can Be Treated With Belotero?
Belotero can be used on many parts of the face to give a smoother, fuller look. It generally works especially well for fine lines, superficial acne scars, lip lines and under-eye circles. Fine lines around the lips can create a pinched look and add age. Belotero can smooth out those fine lines, resulting in an instantly more youthful look in the right candidate. Fine lines around the eyes are similarly telling of age, while under eye circles can make a person seem tired and stressed. Acne scars that are close to the skin’s surface can potentially be reduced with Belotero alone, while deeper acne scars may be treated with a combination of fillers and other office treatments. Belotero can provide a quick, effective way to instantly take years off a person’s face. Results vary depending on the individual.
How Does Belotero Work?
Belotero is made primarily of hyaluronic acid. As we age, we lose our naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, which leads to loss of elasticity and volume. Belotero can restore that hyaluronic acid at targeted points in the skin, instantly helping to fill wrinkles and create a youthful, smooth appearance in the right individuals.
Belotero should be completely safe when performed by an experienced dermatologist such as Dr. Melda Isaac or Dr. Daniel Yanes. The procedure takes very little time, and results can often be seen almost immediately following treatment, with full results usually appearing over the next week. Side effects should be limited to some potential redness, swelling, or bruising around the injection site, which usually disappear within just a few days and can be covered with makeup. If you experience any worse side effects, contact your doctor immediately.
Liquid Facelift with Belotero
Belotero is often used in conjunction with other dermal fillers such as Radiesse. In fact, it is a key component in what is called a “liquid facelift.” A liquid facelift uses a combination of different dermal fillers targeting different areas in order to better achieve a total rejuvenation effect. It is a popular option for people who perhaps don’t have the time to spare for a full facelift but would still like to rejuvenate their entire face as best they can.
Other Dermal Filler Options
We offer several other FDA-approved fillers that may be recommended instead of Belotero, such as the following:
- Bellafill® is a smooth gel containing tiny microspheres suspended in collagen that stimulate continued collagen production. It is a great option for treating wrinkles, nasolabial folds, and acne scars. Results last up to 5 years.
- RADIESSE® contains CaHA (calcium hydroxylapatite) microspheres that restore volume and stimulate collagen production. We often use it to enhance and rejuvenate the hands, cheeks, and nose. It can also correct wrinkles and facial folds. Results last 12+ months.
- Teoxane RHA fillers contain resilient hyaluronic acid (RHA) specially formulated to move with the face and give it support. This family of fillers includes options for wrinkles, thin lips, and lost facial volume. Results last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM® family of fillers contain hyaluronic acid for a natural look and feel as well as lidocaine for minimal discomfort during injection. This ever-growing family includes multiple fillers formulated for specific concerns such as wrinkles, volume loss, lips, jawline, and more. Results last up to 2 years, depending on the filler and treated area.
- Restylane® family of fillers contain lidocaine and are made with hyaluronic acid to restore volume and hydration in the skin. This family of fillers includes options specifically formulated for the cheeks, lips, nasolabial folds, fine lines, and more. Results last up to 18 months, depending on the filler and treated area.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is actually not a filler; it is a collagen stimulator that contains poly-L-lactic acid. We use it to restore volume to the backs of the hands and in hollows of the cheeks and temples, smooth out smile lines and marionette lines around the mouth, and more. Results develop gradually and last up to 2 years.
We often combine fillers to provide more complete facial rejuvenation than possible with one filler on its own.
Expert in the Art of Injectables
Dr. Melda Isaac’s impressive credentials make her the choice of so many for BOTOX, JUVÉDERM, and other injectables. Highlights include:
- Board-certified dermatologist
- 20+ years of experience with injectables
- Performs more than 2,000 injectable treatments per year
- Provides the most BOTOX treatments in the Washington, DC area
- Incorporates her refined sense of facial aesthetics into each treatment
- Remains on the forefront of injectable techniques and applications
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you may have some questions about the Belotero procedure. We’ve compiled some frequently asked questions below.
Q: How long does a Belotero procedure take?
A: A Belotero procedure shouldn’t take long at all. Usually, patients can be in and out over their lunch break! Depending on the individual treatment, it could take from 10 to 30 minutes.
Q: Is Belotero painful?
A: Our board-certified dermatologists use extremely fine needles to perform Belotero procedures. Typically, the injections are not painful, but a topical anesthetic is always available should a patient wish.
Q: How long do the results of Belotero last?
A: Belotero results usually last for around six months, although this may vary depending on the individual.
Q: What are the side effects and downtime?
A: Side effects tend to be minimal, the most common being redness and swelling around the injection sites. Occasionally, bruising may occur as well. These side effects typically disappear within a few days. There is little to no downtime after a Belotero procedure for most people.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in trying to erase some fine lines or under eye circles, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation at the MI Skin Dermatology Center in Washington DC! To find out more about Belotero, call (202) 393-7546 or request your consultation online .
About Our Doctors
Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes are consistently recognized among the top dermatologists in Washington, DC. Our board-certified dermatologists provide both medical and cosmetic dermatology services with professionalism and compassion. Their specialized expertise in injectables and an eye for creating natural-looking results have made them a sought-after source for excellent dermatological care.