Restylane is one of the most trusted names in fillers and has been a versatile tool in the fight against aging for many years. The brand has developed different versions of its product to address different concerns and provide truly customized results. At MI Skin Dermatology & Laser Center in Washington, DC, we offer several dermal fillers from the Restylane family for people from Chevy Chase, Arlington, Bethesda, and surrounding areas. Dr. Isaac and Dr. Yanes have the skill and experience to use these innovative products to rejuvenate not only the face but areas such as the arms and hands as well.
The Restylane Family of Fillers
Hyaluronic acid is an essential component in our skin and keeps it hydrated, smooth, supple, and supported. Unfortunately, as we age, our skin stops producing as much hyaluronic acid, causing it to become thinner, weaker, and less plump, with wrinkles becoming more prominent. Hyaluronic acid-based Restylane dermal filler reduce signs of aging by replacing volume and hydration in the skin.
Restylane is commonly used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, as well as for lip augmentation and restoring volume in the temples and cheeks. Restylane treats various wrinkles and contour concerns in the face, such as:
- Moderate nasolabial folds
- Cheek augmentation
- Hollow temples
- Lip lines
- Frown lines
Restylane is also the lip augmentation filler of choice for many people.
Restylane Lyft uses a thicker hyaluronic acid-based gel to create volume and fullness and to fill in wrinkles. The difference is that Restylane Lyft is denser than Restylane, with larger gel particles. This means that Restylane Lyft is better suited for:
- Deeper wrinkles
- Severe nasolabial folds
- Cheek augmentation
Often, Dr. Isaac and Dr. Yanes use Restylane Lyft in conjunction with other fillers to target both deep and superficial wrinkles.
Restylane Silk, like Restylane, is a filler made primarily from hyaluronic acid. This filler flows more freely and is best for:
- Lip injections
- Vertical lip lines (“smoker’s lines”)
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth
Just by filling in these small wrinkles, you may be able to achieve a much more youthful look.
What Are the Differences Between Restylane, Restylane Lyft, and Restylane Silk?
|Restylane||Restylane Lyft||Restylane Silk|
|Consistency||Gel||Thicker and heavier||Thinner and more free-flowing|
|Best For||Moderate lines, folds, and volume loss||Deeper folds and wrinkles, severe volume loss||Fine lines and wrinkles, lip volume loss|
|Results Last||6 months||12 months||6 months|
Other Dermal Filler Options
For optimal results, your provider may recommend one or more of the following other filler options:
- Bellafill® is a semi-permanent filler. This smooth gel contains tiny microspheres suspended in collagen that stimulate continued collagen production. It is a great option for treating wrinkles, nasolabial folds, and acne scars. Results last up to 5 years.
- BELOTERO® is a hyaluronic acid filler that smooths away etched-in lines around the mouth, chin wrinkles, and lip lines. Results last about 6 months.
- RADIESSE® contains CaHA (calcium hydroxylapatite) microspheres that restore volume and stimulate collagen production. We often use it to enhance and rejuvenate hands, cheeks, and nose. It can also correct wrinkles and facial folds. Results last 12+ months.
- Teoxane RHA fillers contain a patented resilient hyaluronic acid (RHA) that moves with the face and gives it support. This family of fillers includes options for wrinkles, thin lips, and lost facial volume. Results last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM® family of fillers contain hyaluronic acid for a natural look and feel as well as lidocaine for minimal discomfort during injection. This family of fillers continues to grow with specialized options for wrinkles, volume loss, lips, jawline, and more. Results last up to 2 years, depending on the filler and treated area.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is actually not a filler; it is a collagen stimulator that contains poly-L-lactic acid. We use it to restore volume to the backs of the hands and in hollows of the cheeks and temples, smooth out smile lines and marionette lines around the mouth, and more. Results develop gradually and last up to 2 years.
Expert in the Art of Injectables
Dr. Melda Isaac’s impressive credentials make her the choice of so many for BOTOX, JUVÉDERM, and other injectables. Highlights include:
- Board-certified dermatologist
- 20+ years of experience with injectables
- Performs more than 2,000 injectable treatments per year
- Provides the most BOTOX treatments in the Washington, DC area
- Incorporates her refined sense of facial aesthetics into each treatment
- Remains on the forefront of injectable techniques and applications
What Is a Restylane Treatment Like?
Your provider begins every treatment with an in-depth consultation to understand exactly what your goals are and the best way to achieve them. Using a very fine needle, your provider injects the dermal filler into carefully chosen sites to minimize the number of injections needed.
Since the filler is pre-mixed with lidocaine, a local anesthetic, Restylane treatments are not usually painful. The only pain or discomfort comes from the needle penetrating the skin. However, if you are concerned about discomfort levels, your provider will apply a topical numbing cream before the injection to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Turn Back the Clock
Rediscover a younger, more vibrant you. Trust award-winning dermatologists Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes to restore your vibrance with individualized anti-aging procedures. Each treatment is meticulously planned and performed to take years off your face without leaving any obvious signs of a cosmetic treatment. Look as youthful as you feel, starting today.Schedule Consultation
What Is Restylane Recovery Like?
Treatments typically take less than an hour and require little to no downtime, making them ideal “lunch break” procedures for busy professionals. Most people can get straight back to their normal activities immediately after.
More Restylane FAQs
We know that there are many options available when it comes to volume replacement, and we want to make it as easy as possible to find information about different treatments. Here are some common questions men and women ask our providers about the Restylane family of fillers.
Q: What is the best dermal filler?
A: The best filler varies with specific treatment areas and individual patient needs. Our providers often use a combination of fillers to give patients their desired improvements.
Q: How long do Restylane results last?
A: Results will vary depending on the individual, but generally, Restylane treatments last from 6 to 18 months, depending on the formulation. Duration of benefit also depends on the quantity or number of vials of filler used. Our providers recommend regular injections of filler to maintain their benefit and stimulate your own body’s collagen formation.
Q: What are the side effects and downtime?
A: Potential side effects include swelling and redness around the injection site and possible bruising. These side effects do not last long and are not serious. If they last for longer than a week, or if you experience more serious side effects, please contact us immediately. Remember to tell your provider about any medications you are taking, especially blood thinners.
Q: Who is a good candidate for Restylane?
A: Restylane fillers are good options for those looking to achieve a more youthful look through wrinkle reduction and volume restoration. Restylane is also a popular choice for lip enhancement.
Q: Can Restylane be combined with other cosmetic treatments?
A: Restylane can be used together with other cosmetic procedures, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or laser treatments, for more comprehensive results, in what is called a “liquid facelift.” Liquid facelifts address many facial concerns in a minimally invasive manner. They are a great option for men and women who do not want to go under the knife in a full surgical facelift. Liquid facelifts usually require little to no downtime, making them popular in today’s busy society where people have no time to spare for lengthy recovery times.
Q: Is Restylane better than BOTOX?
A: It depends. Restylane is better than BOTOX when volume has faded within the skin or beneath it. Our providers use Restylane to add fullness to the cheeks and lips, fill in smile lines, and smooth out lip lines. BOTOX is best for treating dynamic wrinkles caused by repeated muscle contractions, such as crow’s feet and frown lines. Often a combination of treatments provides the best results.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are interested in rejuvenating or refining your look with Restylane, contact MI Skin Dermatology Center in Washington, DC, today! To get started, request a consultation online or call (202) 393-7546.
About Our Doctors
Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes are consistently recognized among the top dermatologists in Washington, DC. Our board-certified dermatologists provide both medical and cosmetic dermatology services with professionalism and compassion. Their specialized expertise in injectables and an eye for creating natural-looking results have made them a sought-after source for excellent dermatological care.