As we age, our skin gradually produces less collagen and elastin, causing the skin on our face, neck, chest, and hands to develop fine lines and wrinkles. The loss of collagen and elastin leads to creases, bags under the eyes, and sagging skin, all of which can be worsened by sun exposure, pollution, and genetics. Sculptra stimulates your body to produce more of its own natural collagen to fight the effects of aging and erase years from your appearance.
Board-certified cosmetic dermatologists Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes perform Sculptra injections for Washington, DC, men and women who want to look naturally refreshed, rejuvenated, and ageless.
View Before & After Photos
What Is Sculptra?
Sculptra Aesthetic is a cutting-edge volumizer that stimulates the skin’s natural production of collagen to produce a fuller, more youthful facial appearance.
How Does Sculptra Work?
Unlike dermal fillers, Sculptra contains poly-L-lactic acid. This acid acts as a collagen booster to help stimulate your own body’s collagen production, thereby restoring facial volume and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and hollows.
What Does Sculptra Treat?
Sculptra Aesthetic provides natural-looking results in the following areas:
- Volume loss or hollowing of the face
- Smile lines, or nasolabial folds, around the nose and mouth
- Lines that frame the mouth (marionette lines)
- Under-eye bags
- Wrinkles and creases on the chest
- Volume loss on the hands
As a collagen booster, Sculptra produces varying results for different people.
Other Dermal Filler Options
In many cases, Sculptra is used in conjunction with neuromodulators, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, and other dermal fillers, such as the following:
- Bellafill® is a semi-permanent filler. This smooth gel contains tiny microspheres suspended in collagen that stimulate continued collagen production. It is a great option for treating wrinkles, nasolabial folds, and acne scars. Results last up to 5 years.
- BELOTERO® is a hyaluronic acid filler that smooths away etched-in lines around the mouth, chin wrinkles, and lip lines. Results last about 6 months.
- RADIESSE® contains CaHA (calcium hydroxylapatite) microspheres that restore volume and stimulate collagen production. We often use it to enhance and rejuvenate hands, cheeks, and nose. It can also correct wrinkles and facial folds. Results last 12+ months.
- Teoxane RHA fillers contain a patented resilient hyaluronic acid (RHA) that moves with the face and gives it support. This family of fillers includes options for wrinkles, thin lips, and lost facial volume. Results last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM® family of fillers contain hyaluronic acid for a natural look and feel as well as lidocaine for minimal discomfort during injection. This family includes specialized options for wrinkles, volume loss, lips, jawline, and more. Results last up to 2 years, depending on the filler and treated area.
- Restylane® family of fillers contain lidocaine and are made with hyaluronic acid to restore volume and hydration in the skin. This family of fillers includes options specifically formulated for the cheeks, lips, nasolabial folds, fine lines, and more. Results last up to 18 months, depending on the filler and treated area.
Expert in the Art of Injectables
Dr. Melda Isaac’s impressive credentials make her the choice of so many for BOTOX, JUVÉDERM, and other injectables. Highlights include:
- Board-certified dermatologist
- 20+ years of experience with injectables
- Performs more than 2,000 injectable treatments per year
- Provides the most BOTOX treatments in the Washington, DC area
- Incorporates her refined sense of facial aesthetics into each treatment
- Remains on the forefront of injectable techniques and applications
What To Expect During Your Sculptra Treatment
Sculptra sessions typically take approximately 20 minutes because each session requires multiple injections. Before these injections, the targeted areas will be treated with a topical anesthetic to reduce any discomfort. Dr. Isaac and Dr. Yanes recommends 3 monthly sessions for optimal results, which will gradually become more and more visible as the body produces collagen.
What Is Sculptra Recovery Like?
You may experience minor swelling, redness, or bruising around the injection sites, but these symptoms typically subside within a day or 2. Massaging the treated areas after a Sculptra session will minimize any side effects.
How Long Do Sculptra Results Last?
Sculptra’s unique formulation produces gradual results that last up to 2 years. You should start to notice results within the first month after the injections. You can also ask your provider about Bellafill®, a unique collagen-building filler that lasts up to 5 years.
Turn Back the Clock
Rediscover a younger, more vibrant you. Trust award-winning dermatologists Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes to restore your vibrance with individualized anti-aging procedures. Each treatment is meticulously planned and performed to take years off your face without leaving any obvious signs of a cosmetic treatment. Look as youthful as you feel, starting today.Schedule Consultation
More Sculptra FAQs
Before committing to a treatment, there are some common questions that many people like to ask. We’ve compiled some of these below for your benefit. Don’t hesitate to call us if you don’t find the answer to your question!
Q: Who is a good candidate for Sculptra?
A: Anyone who is experiencing facial volume loss and wrinkles may be a good candidate for Sculptra. The ideal candidate is a person who is willing to wait for long-lasting results. Sculptra isn’t the best choice if you want immediate and drastic results. Dr. Isaac and Dr. Yanes often combine Sculptra treatments with other hyaluronic acid fillers like JUVÉDERM® for optimal results in facial volume restoration and wrinkle reduction.
Q: How long does a Sculptra treatment take?
A: While the treatment itself does not take long, it does require a time commitment since more than one session is needed. Your provider will tell you exactly how long each session should take and how many you will need.
Q: Is a Sculptra treatment painful?
A: Sculptra treatments are not usually painful, although discomfort levels vary between patients. A topical anesthetic applied to the injection site will reduce any discomfort.
Q: When will I see results?
A: Results are not immediate, as it takes time for the body to start producing more collagen. Generally, natural-looking results start showing after a few months.
Q: What are the side effects?
A: Sculptra side effects are usually limited to temporary redness, swelling, or bruising around the injection site. In some cases, there is a risk of granuloma formation, although over the years, this risk has been reduced through doctors finding better injection techniques and learning which areas to avoid. If you experience side effects that last longer than a few days, contact your provider.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you’re ready to finally get the refreshed, youthful appearance you’ve always wanted, Sculptra may be the ideal treatment for you. Request a consultation online or call MI Skin Dermatology Center at (202) 393-7546 to book your appointment in Washington, DC. Dr. Isaac and Dr. Yanes frequently perform Sculptra treatments for men and women from Chevy Chase and Bethesda, MD, and Alexandria and Arlington, VA.
About Our Doctors
Dr. Melda Isaac and Dr. Daniel Yanes are consistently recognized among the top dermatologists in Washington, DC. Our board-certified dermatologists provide both medical and cosmetic dermatology services with professionalism and compassion. Their specialized expertise in injectables and an eye for creating natural-looking results have made them a sought-after source for excellent dermatological care.