As we age, we start having to deal with loose, sagging skin, as well as cellulite and stubborn areas of fat. At the MI Skin Dermatology Center in Washington, DC, board-certified expert dermatologist Dr. Melda Isaac offers the very latest in nonsurgical body contouring and skin tightening treatments.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring refers to the reduction of unwanted fat and cellulite, helping you achieve a better body shape. At the MI Skin Dermatology Center, Dr. Isaac offers only the most advanced, proven safe, and effective body contouring devices. These devices use methods ranging from freezing unwanted fat cells to heating them with radiofrequency energy, but the end result is the same: reduction in fat and a more sculpted, contoured body.
Contact Dr. Melda Isaac for a Consultation
What is Skin Tightening?
Skin tightening refers to the smoothing and firming of skin which has become loose and saggy with age, sun damage or weight changes. In the past, plastic surgery or liposuction might have been the only way to firm up your skin and bring back the smooth and supple skin of your youth, but now there are safe and effective means of skin tightening without going under the knife! Dr. Isaac offers a variety of FDA-approved non-surgical skin tightening treatments to help you quickly and easily regain smooth, firm skin. Results will vary depending on the individual.
Which Fat Reduction Treatment is Right for Me?
Skin tightening, skin smoothing, and body contouring treatments often go hand in hand. During your consultation, Dr. Isaac will let you know which treatments are right for your specific problem areas, as well as the pros and cons of each procedure. Depending on the treatment, some options may be better suited to certain individuals than others depending on his or her health and expectations.
Some of the FDA-cleared or approved skin tightening and body contouring treatments offered at MI Skin Dermatology Center in Washington, DC include:
- CoolSculpting, CoolAdvantage, and CoolSmooth – Reduce stubborn fat without needles or surgery thanks to cryolipolysis technology. CoolSculpting, CoolAdvantage, and CoolSmooth are designed to freeze fat cells without harming the surrounding tissue, resulting in slimmer, more toned arms, abdomen, and thighs in just a matter of months! At Dr. Melda Isaac’s office dual sculpting is offered so you can experience CoolSculpting in two areas simultaneously so you can achieve your results in half of the time! To get the best results Dr. Isaac offers all CoolSculpting patients complimentary Z wave treatments, which boosts CoolSculpting efficacy!
- Exilis Ultra 360 – Cottage cheese dimples and stubborn pockets of fat are a thing of the past thanks to the safe, painless treatments Exilis Ultra 360. The radiofrequency waves target specific tissues under the surface of the skin, heating the cells in order to achieve the desired smooth, toned, and contoured effect. Using radiofrequency and ultrasound in combination, Exilis Ultra 360 safely smooths and tightens loose, aging skin. The treatment stimulates collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin tissue, gradually achieving a firm and toned appearance and texture. The combination of ultrasound and RF aid more efficacious than radio frequency alone.
- INFINI – Tightens skin and stimulates a natural healing response through the combined use of microneedling and radiofrequency energy. This treatment is a simple outpatient procedure performed here in our office, and a topical numbing agent makes it extra-comfortable.
- Pelleve – Ideal for targeting wrinkles and loose skin on the face and neck, Pelleve is a skin tightening treatment that uses radiofrequency waves. The specific wavelength can penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production safely and effectively. As more collagen develops, the firmer and tighter the skin. This treatment is painless and has very little social downtime.
- Kybella – The first and only non-surgical method for reducing excess submental fat (double chin). Kybella is an injectable body contouring treatment that gradually dissolves fat under the chin, which is then safely flushed away by the body’s healing process.
- CoolMini – Reduces fat in the double chin area by freezing fat cells to their death! CoolMini is a competitor to Kybella for treating fat in the submental area – both treatments are efficacious. Schedule a FREE consultation at MI Skin Dermatology to see which treatment is right for you.
- Ultherapy – Loose, sagging skin and wrinkling under the chin (turkey neck) can be safely toned and tightened using Ultherapy’s ultrasound waves. The ultrasound waves target deep layers of tissue, stimulating collagen and elastin production for a smoother, tighter chin and more defined jawline and smoother neck.
What are Body Contouring and Skin Smoothing Treatments Like?
These procedures are generally safe, effective, and often pain-free. Treatment times will vary depending on how many areas are to be treated and how large these areas are, but body contouring and skin tightening treatments are usually no longer than a couple hours. These treatments are safe when done by an expert Washington, DC dermatologist such as Dr. Isaac, and most patients report minimal to no pain or discomfort.
The side effects and downtime are usually also minimal following these treatments. The side effects often involve minor redness or swelling which should disappear within a few hours to a few days, and there is no downtime required. After a nonsurgical body sculpting treatment, you should be able to resume your daily activities immediately!
For more information on body contouring treatments, visit Wikipedia.com.
Contact a Dr. Melda Isaac, a Board Certified Dermatologist Today!
If you have loose, sagging skin or unwanted areas of fat or cellulite, a nonsurgical skin smoothing treatment may be perfect for you! To find out more information about these revolutionary body contouring and skin tightening treatments, call our office at (202) 393-SKIN (7546) or request a consultation online .
Next, learn about the neuromodulators offered at our center.