When men and women ask about treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic at my DC practice, they’re often considering other facial rejuvenation procedures as well. What many people don’t realize is that minimally invasive facial treatments can easily be combined into a group procedure we call a liquid facelift.
A liquid facelift provides a comprehensive and customizable array of treatments for wrinkles, contouring issues, and surface skin concerns. If you’re looking to dramatically refresh your face without undergoing surgery, this approach may be right for you.
Liquid Facelift Components
While a liquid facelift can be customized to address your specific needs, there are a few treatments we commonly include.
Neuromodulators relax specific muscles to prevent repeated contractions that often cause concerns like lines and wrinkles. Multiple formulations are available, including:
- BOTOX: This is great for smoothing out lines and wrinkles such as forehead lines, crow’s feet, and lines between the eyebrows.
- Dysport®: This product spreads to a larger area, sometimes allowing for fewer injections.
- XEOMIN®: This treatment is most commonly used for reducing frown lines and may be a better option for people with sensitive skin.
Learn more about neuromodulator myths vs. facts in this blog post.
Dermal fillers provide volume underneath the skin for a fuller, younger look. Variations include:
- JUVÉDERM®and Restylane®: These hyaluronic acid filler families exist in several formulations designed to fill in lines, restore volume to the cheeks, and plump up thin lips.
- RADIESSE®: With the help of CaHA microspheres, this treatment stimulates natural collagen production to restore elasticity and smoothness.
- BELOTERO®: Another hyaluronic acid filler, this works especially well for filling in acne scars and eliminating under-eye bags.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: This injectable’s poly-L-lactic acid formulation boosts natural collagen production to combat various aging concerns.
- Bellafill®: Made of PMMA microspheres suspended in collagen, this filler works to both immediately fill in lines and provide a “scaffolding” for further collagen production.
Laser, Light, and Ultrasound Treatments
Laser treatments and other procedures using light and various frequencies can address skin concerns and restore a more youthful appearance. A few of the most popular ones include:
- Fraxel®: This laser resurfacing treatment evens skin tone, reduces age spots, and fades the appearance of scarring, large pores, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 resurfacing: This laser resurfacing treatment is used to treat more extensive sun damage.
- IPL photofacial: The intense pulsed light used in this treatment fades rosacea, age spots, acne scars, and red or brown splotches.
- Infini™ RF Microneedling: Microneedling to improve skin imperfections and texture.
- Ultherapy®: Using ultrasound waves, this treatment stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for tighter, younger-looking skin.
Advantages of a Liquid Facelift
While liquid facelift results are temporary, with results lasting from a few months to a year, depending on the procedure, there are several advantages. You’ll achieve more dramatic results in one session than you would if you opted for each treatment separately, and you’ll also be able to recover from all the procedures within just 1 recovery period. Most importantly, when you pursue all your treatments at my location, you’ll have the benefit of knowing each one is being performed by a board-certified dermatologist.